Dallas Soccer DFW

FC Dallas rallies to beat Montreal

Published 4/14/2012 11:25:37 PM by staff from dallas

FC Dallas rallies with two goals late on to defeat the Montreal Impact 2-1 Saturday night at windy FC Dallas Stadium. Both teams had opportunities to take control early but could not convert. In the 4th minute, Montreal midfielder Felipe Martins took a left-footed shot from outside the box as he split FC Dallas defenders but missed wide.

Four minutes later Daniel Hernandez delivered a perfect corner kick that allowed Perez to get his head on the ball, but Ricketts reacted quickly and tipped it out. Just before halftime in the 45th minute, Castillo almost gave FC Dallas the lead, but Montreal goalkeeper Donavan Ricketts made a tremendous save.

Montreal applied tremendous pressure early in the second half, and it finally paid off when Davy Arnaud was fouled in the box by FC Dallas defender Zach Loyd. Corradi knocked home the spot kick and gave the Impact a stunning 1-0 lead.

Angered by the foul call, FC Dallas responded in a big way. In the 65th minute havoc ensued in the box after a throw in as both George John and Bobby Warshaw had chances to equalize but were denied both times. Moments later Fabian Castillo worked way in the box but just missed wide left.

However, Ricketts had no chance 13 minutes from time when Perez electrified the home crowd with header to tie the game at 1-1. The goal came after George John's looping header hit the bar from a Daniel Hernandez free kick. Brek Shea would have the final word as he got loose from the Impact defense and scored the dramatic winner with only minutes to play.

The game was chippy throughout the night as four yellow cards were given out. Both teams combined to total 34 fouls. The strong winds in Dallas also affected both teams, but in the end Shea and company persevered with a two-goal comeback.

With the win, FC Dallas improves to 3-2-1. They will travel to take on Vancouver next Saturday. Montreal, meanwhile, drops to 1-5-1.

© www.SoccerDFW.com 2019